7.22.2005

Class Thursday night

I've been remiss in posting.. I don't think I've posted the last 4 classes. O_O

Testing is less than a month away, so most of the classes have been geared towards 5th and 4th kyu techniques and preparation.

Sensei taught Thursday night

Ushiro tekubitori//
W/Bob. We practiced the static version-- swinging up and turning your hips then cutting down to get into ai hanmi. Just the opening. Sensei came over several times to help Bob (who's prepping for 4th kyu)

shihonage (omote & ura)
W/Bob. Again, alot of help from Sensei for Bob. Actually, I didn't get much practice time for all the Sensei intervention, but it helped me alot. One of the things Sensei was adamant about was keeping your hands in front you you and not uke.

iriminage
W/Bob. We thought for sure Sensei was leading into kotegaeshi. lol But where there's an opening for kotegaeshi, there's an opening for iriminage. And the murphy's laws of martial arts is that whenever I'm even remotely tired, we will do alot of iriminage. :)

Let's see-- other stuffs...
Shomenuchi//

Ikkyo (omote and ura)
W/the Russian (who I thought wasth kyu-- turns out he's unranked at our dojo) I really need to ask him his name as we are regular partners. grr.
While practicing, a man came in w/ his daughter to sign her up for classes. Sensei left the mat for about 15 minutes. Ikkyo was starting to get pretty tiring (not to mention hard on the knees) When I complained about being tired, my partner said "it could be worse"

I said "yeah, it could be suwari waza"-- to which he replied "Thank god! I don't think my knees can take suwari waza tonight!"
Of course I should have kept my mouth shut, because as soon as Sensei came back to the mat he clapped and shouted "now suwari waza" O__O
My partner burst out laughing and said "it's all your fault!" hehehehehe

Come to find out, Bill requested it for his 4th kyu test. LOL My partner still blamed me :)

Afterwards we practiced a fixed jo form and then paired off. That was fun! I hope we get to practice that again sometime soon.
There was more to class than that, but I can't remember it all. I'm late posting, so I'll have to let this suffice. Now I've got to tally this morning's class. heh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home